nmLaser Products has supplied laser shutter for over 30 years using patent flexure technology. Laser shutters were customized optically and mechanically for specific OEM grade customer applications. This customization limits the shutter per specific application or system.
nmLaser is pleased to announce the next generation of laser shutter will be in production in the near future using patent diamond technology. The diamond technology is designed for high irradiance, high laser induced damage threshold (LIDT) with broadband wavelength absorption.
New Technology Benefits
The Diamond technology is designed using advanced material science, electromechanical, and magnetic systems:
- Universal wavelength between 150-11,000nm with one device.
- Cleanroom certified, baked at 200C.
- High irradiance and Laser Induced Damage Threshold (LIDT).
- Highest thermal conductivity material known to men.
- Perform as safety and process shutter in one device.
- Small packaging size with simple electronic drive.
- Low shock and vibration during operation.
- Highest thermal shock resistance known.
nmLaser’s R&D team is working diligently to release product into beta site testing limited to OEM customers by Q1 of 2019. Product release date to market is expected on Q2 of 2019.